Thursday, July 21, 2005

In a desperate attempt

I always thought how can one describe you, not compromising all your might and splendour. Just wondered what fascinates me so much about you. I let my eyes follow through every single of your line, curve, pattern as an attempt to trace your image on to itself!
I stood there, by the huge glass windows, my eyes fixed on you... with a feeling of reverence, of overwhelming wonder... some kinda happiness sprung steadily within me and flowed out as a silent smile. I forgot myself for a few moments to come... accepting with humility that those moments are reserved just for you! I felt my eyes severely insignificant, even to make an attempt, to drink all that you have to offer! The windows escaped the blame this time! In a desparate attempt to describe you, here I'm with a few lines...


The sky is laden with thick clouds. Well, it's not any other cloudy day filling an air of romantic dullness. The sky is bright yet and one cannot expect any rain just like that. But there are enough clouds prepossessing that possibility. There are irregular patches of blues showing up on the right. "Sky blue!" I try to identify it... I see all shades of blue, from darkest of dark to lightest blues finally fading into white. "Skyblue...That's the vaguest specification ever!" I say to myself. Some seem to be opaque in the depth of color while some have a dash of illumination, as bright as a smiling face. There is no regular pattern in their fading either! They are as though random rags of blues casually thrown all over the sky. It is mysteriously pleasant.
The clouds are floating around with notorious nonchalance! Many of them with a flat base, as though resting on some common plane easily concealed from my eyes. There is again shades of white coming into play! From darkest of greys to startling whites, each cloud is unique on it's own... the shape, the color, the texture... I remember my favorite passtime especially during my long journeys, trying to identify the patters out of those clouds! There are many layers of them. The lowest ones holding some stray thin fragments of white and whitish grey, while the topmost layer has a foundation of rough clouds spread throughout the sky in ripples. It is like colorless sands of a vast desert. I see their outlines distinctly against one another. I gasp "What a sight!!" As though complete harmony exists among them and they donot fight for their space... they just merge, if at all.

The earth is showing signs of impatience... with the chill wind rustling the leaves and swaying the branches... From dead leaves to stray papers to soil and dirt, tossing and misplacing everything that comes to it's hold, in a petty childish ire. I sense a silent prayer and a craving behind all these violent protests!

There is a sudden hiss interluded by loud roars... it's The Rain!! The most awaited one... The One, just in time to extend the festivity and gay in skies to the earth below... parcelled in millions of affectionate kisses, the water dropplets! I see the parcels being frantically opened with immediate urgency, reflecting the anxiety of the soils for this spectacular moment. Sweet petrichor of acknowledgment fills all space...

"Did I miss out anybody?" I wonder. The sky, the clouds, the rain, the wind, the soil... Ah yes, says the Sun managing to show himself up, right at the climax! The bright golden rays add a gesture of pure blessing and warmth, turning everything that it touches into sparkling gold. The sky is in all smiles, beaming a brilliant rainbow!!

8 Comments:

At 3:44 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Krish said...

Nice One DD! I liked the " parcles of million kisses" part..nice metaphor...enjoyed it...But, I cudnt understand whom you are addressing in the opening of the post!...:(

 
At 4:00 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger DD said...

:-)
That's precisely the reason I dint specify anyone in particular... the rain, the sky, the clouds, the sun, the earth... It's all these, the nature... in one of it's benevolent moods!

 
At 3:18 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger Vijay Gandhi said...

DD, the first paragraph is too good. FYI, I have stolen it. If I ever get a chance, I will try to use it on some other form of nature . :-)

With your current poetic form, I think I will always come to you if I need a poetry to impress somebody else! :-)

 
At 9:22 PM, August 07, 2005, Blogger DD said...

Hey Gandhi! Thanks :) You stole it!!!! Ho... you are so gandhe! Waiting to see your creativity in full swing - swinging in India or US? Keep posting :-)

 
At 9:10 PM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U missed me ..
its awesome write-up. I think I will also start blogging ..Or cut and paste from ur articles. There is no copyright

-Prof

 
At 1:53 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger DD said...

I missed you, prof? :-/

Wow! that's the spirit!! Hope to see some fundae soon :-)

Cut+Copy+Paste
is a total waste...
try to show up
your original taste!

Wow...I'm self-impressed!! hahaha;-)

 
At 8:49 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger abc said...

Time is still not ripe for that.
I have also one obsolete blog link.

-Prof

 
At 2:45 AM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home