Friday, March 17, 2006

Holi Haiiii

Holi, the festival of colors, this time we friends gathered at our usual meeting place, M's house. Some elaborate mails pre-exchanged on the timings of the celebrations with must read warnings about spoiling your dress that you cannot even think of using for months or may be even years to come! That reminds me of my scarf and my salwar set that saw it's first holi along with me, which I preserved and so proudly worn until the colors faded :( I was all charged up for the D-day, and B came to pick me up. Oh, last time it was R&D who came to my hostel and pulled me along, just in time to catch me when I tried to quietly slip away to office!

I entered their house, the coloring had already started... M's brother and his friends were gleefully waiting for anybody who dared to enter their gates with their dresses unstained! There were eggs and tomato to add to the madness... I'm sure the houseowner would have committed suicide seeing the condition of his house! Well, not house exactly... only the portico... these guys were sensible enough [for this once ;)] to spread newspapers all over the floor to save the house this time! And, we had a good laugh over the onions that were placed along with the eggs and tomatoes intended for playing holi outside the house... some brahaspathi had brought onions assuming I donno what!!

There were all colors, yellow, green, pink, chrome, red, violet... and water colors and silver! This time I was better off... I could discern the hard colors from the soft and could use it to my advantage ;) Last time, M made sure we novices got our hands on soft colors to play with and had kept hard colors for our faces! Result was our faces looking red and pink while M's hands alone were colored! After emptying all water and playing enough, it was time for sweets and some cleaning too! Aki was the only one spared with minimal colors on his Tshirt, so he was the one who ended up bringing us buckets of fresh water from inside M's house... Poor Aki! But he did take advantage of his clean hands and was hogging all the sweets meant for us :O... Just then Chells was shouted at him... "Aki, if you are doing this, I'm gonna come and hug you!" Another burst of laughter... though it did save some sweets for us!! :)

R dropped me back and after hours of scrubbing and cleaning I could still find patches of pink, blue and green on my face... Gosh!! I had to go like that to office. I was rather quick to say "Happy Holi" to anyone who gave me a puzzled, concerned look, before they could even ask "Oh, what happened to you?" Our gang was the one colorful lot in our office, feels nice to stand out among the boring rest.

19 Comments:

At 2:30 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Anu said...

Oh My God! What a colourful snap!!! DD, are you by any chance there in this snap? :p

 
At 5:08 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Bijesh said...

he he he..

@anu, she is 4th from left. I am there too. the mugged one. :D

 
At 9:14 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger ck said...

Goodness Gracious!! I thought you were in that pic I wasn't sure until Biju confirmed it.

wow!! must have been lot of fun.

-ck

 
At 9:03 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger DD said...

haha Anu, yeah.. ofcourse I'm there! :D

Biju... the mugged one? Good one! ;)

CK, it was hell of fun! And when I returned home, my brother got a shock of his life... he shouted 'pisaasu'!! :) :) :)

 
At 9:39 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thot biju is manish

 
At 4:18 AM, March 21, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Gandhi, you dont identify your own x-housemates!! Too bad yar... now tell me where is skely, aki, chells and debu...

 
At 5:26 AM, March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only chells is there in the photo. :)

 
At 10:14 PM, March 22, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hmm... Skely, what do you think? Should we pardon Gandhi for forgetting you... of all people YOU!

 
At 10:27 PM, March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! ppl in blr...u forgot i have a blog? i shud not forget u ppl for that first! :(

 
At 10:28 PM, March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean forgive, not forget :)

 
At 7:40 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Skely said...

@DD: This is what is expected from overseas dumbos... They forget where they belong too...

@Gandhe: You are going to pay the price for not identifying me, and that tooo when you can identify an dumbo like chells.. I take this as an insult..

 
At 8:21 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hehe... Rightly said Skely! Gandhi shud pay the price...

btw, Gandhi, nice try to change topics... but unfortunate that it dint work quite!! ;)

 
At 4:18 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger abc said...

DD, nice to read the blogs after a really longggg time and see colorful photos.

 
At 3:37 AM, March 30, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hey Profff... Good to see your comments after loooong yar! :)

 
At 8:04 AM, April 05, 2006, Blogger ck said...

DD, Guess you are super busy?? please update your blog soon. Life is boring without reading new stuff in your blog.

 
At 4:40 AM, February 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 
At 6:56 PM, February 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

 
At 11:16 AM, February 05, 2009, Blogger Aki said...

Nostalgia!

 
At 8:05 PM, February 05, 2009, Blogger DD said...

oh yeah, very much! Best part... i had my engagement in a week's time after that extra dose of coloring!! hehee :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home