Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Symbol of Love

I asked people what is love...
some said, it is stupidity
some said, it is sane
some said, it is a sin
some said, it is divine
some said, it is distraction
some said, it is attraction
some said, it is passion
some said, it is bliss
some said, it is the sex
some said, it is the soul
some said, it is a disease
some said, it is the cure
some said, it is blind
some said, it shows your destiny
some said, it is when your tongue fails to speak
some said, it is the eyes speaking out your heart
some said, it is failure to succeed
some said, it is success in failure
some said, it is a war within
some said, it is peace outside
some said, it gives you nothing
some said, It is Everything!

As I sitdown, confused by these explanations
I find myself lost in an ocean of thoughts...
That is the answer, something tells me...
the ocean, the very symbol of love!

Everyone is true in their own perspectives,
reassures this image.. justifying thus...
It is just where you are that matters,
Playing with the tides or searching for the pearls!

You find noise and turbulence at the surface,
Just like anger, jealousy, hatred and passion...
The feelings that we play with, when on the surface!

The deeper we dive, we sense the silence- divinity and bliss
Just like gratitude, compassion, and serenity,
The purest of stuff each of us are made of!














In this depth of ocean, it says, your pearl finds you-
ending your life's search for eternity...
It is then that you see,
yourself in others and others in you!
It is then that you see,
God's work in a grain of sand and a drop of dew!

5 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger ck said...

You have given the best explanation for love as far as I know.

But you have put the stakes so high. Is it possible for one who falls in love to feel divinity and bliss. Is it really possible to see yourself in the other.

I don't know DD, but I sure hope so it is.

 
At 6:25 AM, February 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

veryyy good explanation .. never read one like this..
HAPPY V'DAY..

 
At 6:39 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Bijesh said...

wah wah.

 
At 3:05 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Vijay Gandhi said...

DD, for you I would say that love is writing poems... :)

Maybe out of context, but I like this song Anbe Shivam...from the movie Anbe Shivam...

 
At 6:12 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger DD said...

CK, thanks :) "Is it possible to fall in love and feel the divinity"... I think it is possible. When your love turns unconditional, when you dont even want your love to share his or her love with you, I think your love becomes whole by itself, that should make you feel the divinity and bliss. Does it sound too abstract? I think not.
"Is it possible to see yourself in others"? Well, that is the basic criteria to feel the compassion I believe. You empathise... see others in you and you in others. I remember the shayari that SRK recites at the end of VeerZaara movie. It sums up that he doesnot differentiate between the Pakis and himself. I found it the best of lines I ever heard.

SB, thanks dear. Wish you too the same.

Biju... Danke! :-)

VJ, yeah... I love writing... and poems in particular! :)
That song is just too true, too good... I love the lines "Vaazhve thavam... anbe sivam"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home