Friday, February 03, 2006

A walk

I wanna walk,
walk in the woods...
















Drinking the freshness in the air
Letting the breeze play with my hair
Feeling the moist earth with foot, so bare
Knowing not, I am going where

Listening to what the birds say
Tracing out the butterfly's ways
Smiling long at the caressing rays
Hiding myself in the tender shades

Frisking the squirrels, that are so brisk
Causing the tranquility, yet no risk
Admiring the beauty of those arched trees
Leaving the mind to float free

Tickling the leaves, holding the dew
Humming along, a sweet little tune
Diving into a world so new
Forgetting all about me that soon

I wanna walk,
walk in those woods!

8 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Bijesh said...

lovely!!

 
At 7:52 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Krish said...

Nice one DD...so nice capturing of woods...have been to any sometime now??

BTW, what is the meaning of the word tanquility?...Or is it a typo??

 
At 10:06 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger DD said...

biju, :)

Krish, I havent walked in the woods actually. But have felt the same whenever I walked in gardens or parks early morning.
That was ofcourse a typo, unless you can suggest some meaning to it. :)

 
At 8:42 AM, February 05, 2006, Blogger ck said...

very nice DD. May I should follow your lead and write poems based on pics.

I am so lost on what to write nowadays.

-ck

 
At 7:22 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger DD said...

CK, you are lost on what to write? Thats bad yar... Just look around yourself, you will def find something!
Hmm, so may we expect a romantic poem for the V-day? :)

 
At 12:24 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Anuradha Sridharan said...

Wow...Your words actually took me to the beautiful woods. The picture is perfect. Couldn't really pick which lines I like the most. After going through the poem again, I feel these lines are the best.

Smiling long at the caressing rays
Hiding myself in the tender shades

Let me know if you get a chance to walk in such woods. Would love to accompany you. :-)

 
At 12:53 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Definitely Anu! Lets plan for something this year itself... what say? :)

 
At 8:07 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice .. so lively .. i was feeling it .. good one..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home