Tuesday, January 17, 2006

When CPda came...

Just wanted to record this before it dissolves in time. CPda's visit this time was too short - not more than 3 hours of chat and lunch we had together... ofcourse, given the understanding that he had so many things to do in the shortest span he had got. So sweet of CPda to bring us chocolates, dolls and short wine glasses (that were not more than 4 cms in height) and Biju's wine bottle all the way from Cyprus! Fortunately for me, he came straight to my house. There are some advantages with breaking one's ankle, you see! And I made the terrible mistake of inviting Skely over, before CP came. Otherwise I would have happily taken the entire pack of chocolates without much noise! When I took the big pack of Toblerone CP was shouting "Un attooliyathukku oru alave illaya?" accompanied by a deadly stare from skely, I had to compromise with just one piece :(

So there was CPda's bag full of gifts and he was looking like a Santa Clause who came a bit later than Christmas! I never really minded the "later" part though! I was digging into his bag in search of something that interested me when he was screaming at me telling not to touch the wine bottle as it was exclusively for Biju! How more selfish can anyone get? Not that I'm in a habit of drinking or anything... it's just not good manners to tell someone that something you have got is not for them! Then my hands lay on a soft toy...the "Spring Giraffee!" I liked it instantly and I was about to say I'm going to take that, just in time when CP said "DD you take that, I bought it for you!" How sweet of you, CP!!

Then we three were sitting and chatting till Dada got himself decent enough to come out of his house and join us at "Friends" (a near by restraunt). So, the lunch was done interspersed with gossips and laughter. We all were telling CP that he has gotten a few inches added to his height but he was determined not to believe us for some mysterious reason!

So all those who were with us in India and who have gone abroad for work or studies, next time you people come to India, you are supposed to follow the basic code of ethics of getting people in India, atleast people like me who havenot travelled abroad at all, some gift... well, any gift from soft toys to chocolates to perfume to anything that comes to your mind! Next time I hope I donot have to bug-threaten-get gifts from you ;)

To meetup with friends, especially after long is like a long awaited drizzle... But this wets the mind and heart for longer time than just a drizzle!

3 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, January 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss Friends...i mean the restaurant :-) nice place...

 
At 7:41 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger ck said...

touching last 2 lines DD. Everyday I am waiting for that drizzle.

-ck

 
At 3:45 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger DD said...

You really miss Friends that much? VJ, any special reason like that for the "Water tank busstop"? ;)

CK, then make a resolution to visit India once every year... Come down to Blr and get us all goodies and I guarantee that you will be drenched in that drizzle! :D

BTW, got this piece of (late) information from CPda that Skely has taken 3 packs of Toblerone which is exactly half the big pack!.... Skely the chimpu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home