Sunday, December 25, 2005

I watched King Kong

It was a late night show (10.30pm) that my brother had booked for three of us- me, my brother and his friend. I was not sure if I could go for it, as I had an official call to attend at 9.00. With all confusion, I finally gave up on it and asked him to cancel my ticket. At 10.00 my brother was back home with two tickets in hand, just to find out his friend had some last minute work and couldnot accompany him. But luck favored me as my call had gotten over soon and I was more than happy to say "I can accompany you if you want!" ;)

The movie, I heard, had gobbled lots of dollars. That was something my brother was very much interested in. The fortress- the forest- entry of Guerilla- the barbarians- the old NY city- neat work! This is the first time I'm watching a King Kong movie. So donot expect any comparisons to any previous releases. The way the natives (barbarians) were shown is just amazing. It reminds us "Getting lost in a new place, that too an abandonned place, is not an easy-peasy adventure!" The fight between guerilla and the dinosaurs is beyond words for appreciation. Complete entertainment, I should say! The ending was sad though... I couldnt watch the guerilla being killed to slow death towards the end of the movie. And the guerilla showing "Sunset is so beautiful" and the end "The beast dying for the beauty" reminds me of "Ramanarayanan" movies! One character I admire in the story, and quite nicely played too, is Carl Denham, who is outright disgusting yet practical enough to thrive in this world.

5 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Skely said...

Dd,
Next time if you want to watch a fight between king-kong and dinosor come to my house.. I will show it live...

If possible I will post those photos in a few days...

 
At 3:25 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger ck said...

how many versions of the king kong movies will they make. I don't know why the concept of 'Beauty and the Beast' is so touchy!!

-ck

 
At 5:45 PM, December 25, 2005, Blogger Krish said...

BTW, what is the meaning of "easy-peasy" adventure?..Is there an easy adventure!:p

Funny People...funny language...funny world!;)

 
At 12:23 AM, December 26, 2005, Blogger DD said...

haha... Skely, I know what you exactly mean!!! Just one doubt... whom did I see yesterday- the dinasour or the King Kong? ;)

touchy? I feel it's so absurd. They bring the guerilla all the way into the city and then kill it. Finally say it died for the beauty! what crap!

Easy-peasy is a tinge of Punjabi in English! Now donot ask me what that is! Funny people, funny questions! :P
Easy adventure is when you feel the thrill more than the threat.

 
At 2:01 AM, February 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home