Wednesday, November 30, 2005

SION days

Dedicated to all the sweetest people who share my sweet memories with SION!



To call that any hostel, even now I hesitate;
It's my second home where I had freedom's first taste!
Golden memories of it, I carefully preserve
deep in my heart, where they very well deserve.

The times we chatted into the stillness of nights
When we felt so good turning on those flowery lights;
When we found closeness in sharing a few bites
Across distance, these memories, still holding us tight.

My cozy bed at a corner of our room
Baloons, roses and posters decorating my walls
Where peace, joy and cheer ever bloomed;
Where anyone, who entered, came to pamper my doll!

When I returned from work - tired of pressure and pollution
To lie down and sleep - was all i could think of then;
But all that turned out to be an illusion
when I heared 'Haai's and 'Hello's welcoming me in!

When we teased each other and played pranks;
Where I learnt I needed to just hold hands -
when someone was down, someone was upset
I found a simple hug would be the best thing to get!

When we decorated our room for roomie's birthdays
When we smuggled the cake and gifts to give surprise
When pizzas were home delivered and icecreams ordered
I dint know that was life's yummiest slice!

When sharing was voluntary, that showed no boundary
From roadside romeos to the daily office chores -
When everything was spoken out, anything was talked about
Life seemed so light and heaven showed by our side!

At times I hated to enter my room, to look at the empty bed by my side -
glaring at the blank walls and occassionally at TV in the hall;
I saw the golden leaves carried by the wind of time, to places afar
yet, their shadows remain tightly knotted in memories of our past!

7 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger ck said...

cool DD, your poetic skills is getting better and better! also I think you have a lot of free(i mean vetti) time in your hands,

Now, my favorite lines are

'when someone was down, someone was upset
I found a simple hug would be the best thing to get!'

Its so true!!!

 
At 7:20 PM, November 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DD dear,

You really made me senti :-(

Sweety

 
At 9:11 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Anu said...

Wow DD!! for some minutes, I went back to our room..:)..the balloons, posters and colored paper are still fresh in my memory!! :)..And how can I forget ur doll - she is the cutest that I have ever seen!! Thanks for this - you let me relive those memories! :)

 
At 9:35 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Anuradha Sridharan said...

Hey DD, Amazing poem. Especially liked these lines....

Golden memories of it, I carefully preserve
deep in my heart, where they very well deserve.

BTW, what is SION?

 
At 2:24 AM, December 01, 2005, Blogger DD said...

oh CK, thanks! You know my favorites?
"When pizzas were home delivered and icecreams ordered
I dint know that was life's yummiest slice!"
oh the thought of icecreams... mMMmm... I'm drooling!!

Hey sweety! welcome to my space :) even I felt so senti senti suddenly. thats y wrote it down!

Anupama dear, I missed to mention your taperecorder and the songs we enjoyed from your wonderful collection!

Anu, SION is the name of the building that was converted to our PG/hostel. I still donot know what to call it! :(

 
At 11:36 AM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Skely said...

good article dd...

 
At 8:49 PM, December 02, 2005, Blogger DD said...

Skely, thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home