Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A post after long

Why was I suddenly into the invisible mode in my blog? No prizes for correct guesses. Because, simply because, of tons of office work!!! I seriously doubt that someone should have (mis)informed my manager that I've been doing all sorts of timepass activities here and that's why he decided to test my dedication to work by assigning me in two projects in addition to an internal work that never gets counted! Phew!! That was hectic...well, HECTIC (hope that sounded appropriate)!!

No, I've not become a workaholic yet. Shhhhhh....I was doing something else apart from office work! I got this book "Yes Prime Minister" from the library. Heared about this book from Krish actually. Krish, you listening (er...reading) this? I'm almost half way through the book now.

One page you sit and read and you are thoroughly relaxed with the entertainment it floods you with. The play with words, the interpretations and misinterpretations, the politics, the plots and the people... it's so damn real practical humor! Here's a bit of the dialogue for you if you haven't come across it yet:

...
BW:"Prime Minister, I do know the Foreign Office always keeps everything from everybody"
JH:"So who would know?"
BW:"May I just clarify the question? You're asking who would know, what it is that I don't know and you don't know but the Foreign Office know that they know, that they are keeping from you so that you don't know but they do know, and all we know is that there is something we don't know and we want to know but we don't know what because we don't know. Is that it?"
JH:"May I clarify the question? Who knows Foreign Office secrets apart from the Foreign Office?"
...

Hmmm.... Wish I could speak like that sometime and see the expressions I get in return! What a thrilling thing to do, seriously! :D

5 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Skely said...

Is "Visu" the author of this book?

 
At 5:30 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Krish said...

@Skely: This guy is Grandpa of Visu...

@DD: I was ROTFL reading that book...it is in my personal collection list!:)

 
At 6:27 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Skely, I would say "Western Visu" :)
Krish... So now you have got that book...After I said that I've borrowed it from the library!! Chaaa... ipadiyum iruppiya? X-(

 
At 5:32 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Krish said...

Dai..I said it is in my personal collection list..I didnt say I had bought it..not yet...though I will buy it sometime later!

 
At 3:48 AM, January 19, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hmm, mannichutein... polachi po! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home