Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Into a thousand pieces!

A beautiful vase it was -
Absolutely made of glass;
When the sun shined,
Into a lovely rainbow, it smiled;
And when the night glided by
It mocked the star studded sky!

Shimmering and glittering all over
I could never find it any sober;
So was it, bright and gay
Be it night or the day.
It brought the universe into my room
So cherished it was, I never knew!

The smooth sides and the sharp edges -
The flowery mouth and the perfect wedges...
I filled it with bright red and orange flowers;
Flowers of hope - intended to be fresh and fragrant forever
I admired, cared and nurtured it for long;
I cradled it and ran my fingers along.

Then blew the wind of unexpectedness -
It brought the vase down into a thousand pieces!
On the floor lay the crushed glass - now just a trash
Causing the very memory of it's beauty, so very harsh;
My eyes spilled, playing perfectly it's part,
the tears from the very tear in my heart!



















Should I allow the mess and memories to clear?
or should I still hold it dear?
Would it give me the same pride as when it was new?
or would the pieces cut my fingers through?
I know not the answers to any of these -
All I know is, the vase is no more in one piece!

6 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, January 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god! so much for a vase? :-)
teach me how to write poems!!

 
At 5:30 AM, January 26, 2006, Blogger ck said...

sorry about the vase DD. very good choice of words to express your feelings. you have uped the ante! in blog poems!

-ck

 
At 2:07 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Skely said...

simply superb... The picture is just too gooooood.

 
At 6:22 AM, January 27, 2006, Blogger Anuradha Sridharan said...

Amazing, DD. Why don't you send your poems to NDTV.COM.

Not sure what they call it in English. In Tamil, there is something called "Edhugai, Monai" which I'm sure you would be aware of. This poem fits perfectly in this cadre. Good going :-)

 
At 9:26 PM, January 27, 2006, Blogger DD said...

A big smile for all your comments! :) :) :)

 
At 9:29 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

engayo poyitta dd .. oru range la thaan kavithai ellam eluduvingalo .. romba pulamai .. too nice ..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home