Sunday, August 07, 2005

Friendship Day Special!

Friendship by itself is a reason to celebrate. And a day for Friendship is all that one needs to get into the exaltation! So beautiful a relationship, this friendship!

Friends are special people coming around my life to show how wonderful life is.
I see my problems troubling their eyes...
their happiness filling my heart...
my interests in their priorities...
their thoughts, comments being my concern...
my strength building up in their mere presence...
the lightness in the witty words we exchange...
the seriousness in the blind trust binding us...
the care being shown in every way that is uniquely possible...
Words can never hold the beauty of this relationship in it's entirety. So beautiful a relationship, this friendship!

I find a daughter say, "I share all my secrets with my mom... she's my good friend". I smile in a silent realization... Anybody with whom you feel just yourself, without any masks... no fear, no concealment... just the purity in love!" So beautiful a relationship, this friendship!

I painfully reflect on these words I've heard many people using so loosely - 'girlfriend/boyfriend'. I wonder... for, to my understanding, friendship doesnt see anything but a person... the person as a whole... their interests, their thoughts-words-actions... what am I to understand by this 'girl/ boy-friend'? I get troubled by the very skewness of these words and the way it is used to address an entirely different relationship - love, as far as I could make out! May be with 'love' still being taboo in a conservative society, people started addressing 'lover' with '----friend' just to make their statements sound more sacred! Such a sacred relationship is this friendship!

9 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger Krish said...

Even I wonder whats this Boyfrnd/galfrnd stuff!...But guess what, Love always begins with frndship...and to read urs...Ohh!..thats too sentimental....why so much of Pheeelings???

 
At 3:12 AM, August 08, 2005, Blogger DD said...

ya, I know... it sounds senti. But thats what I feel abt it and sometime I like to share it. And love begins with friendship... hmm, I have my own arguments on that!!

 
At 8:49 PM, August 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow DD,
all senti stuff

 
At 2:13 AM, August 09, 2005, Blogger DD said...

yes Prof :-)

 
At 6:34 PM, August 09, 2005, Blogger Skely said...

Oh Mr.Anonymous Prof,
Good to know that you are still alive... BTW for you to comment on anyone's Blog what is the prerequisite?

Tell me anything except that, one should come to office at 9Am IST to chat with you.


DD,
Good Article. I truely believe that "love doesn't start with Friendship".

 
At 10:35 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger abc said...

But Love may end up with friendship -:)

To chat with me one should be just online. I am not as workaholic as you are.

Cheers
Prof

 
At 4:00 AM, August 15, 2005, Blogger DD said...

I know my blog is famous... but not these many spams :-( Somebody stop these!!!!

Skely, I had always felt that friendship as a relation never got the recognition it deserves and thats y a few strong lines in my post. Nice to know many people share the same thought!

Hey DUC... kewl one... will landup in your blog shortly! Happy blogging :-)

 
At 7:55 PM, November 07, 2005, Blogger ck said...

dd, If love doesn't start with friendship, then what else does it start with?

Are two friends really as close as two people in love with each other?

I think that we just can't compare love and friendship. They are like apple and oranges. Both are essential but dissimilar. Boy/GirlFriend is a different relationship from 'friendship'.

Does it make sense??

 
At 11:24 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger DD said...

CK, I completely agree with your 'apples and oranges' thought. I just cannot take it when people mix the two - get confused and confuse every body else around too! Coming to 'boy/girlfriend', the coinage of this very word itself shows the root of the confusion, and hence my protest! :-)

Coming to the other part, "Love starts with friendship" - I cant quite agree to this. I think friendship itself is a special relationship that has to be given it's due respect and importance. I donot understand why everybody is after converting it into something else and not just leave it as is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home