Friday, April 07, 2006

Sand Dreams & Tide Games

There I am, playing with the sands -
Collecting shells and dirtying hands
There are a few like me, back on the shores
while many others surfing to the core.


I feel the soft breeze -
heavy with droplets from the sea
droplets stolen skillfully
or just acquired for free?

I draw patterns on sand
lines reflecting my dreams
I draw flowers and houses
doves, trees and faces...



I stand up and look at my creations
My heart brimming with preen
A huge tide beats the sands
washing my foot and my dreams

My eyes well up
I chide the naughty tide
till it retreats to the ocean's lap
and not to be seen any soon

I sit down again building castles this time
big and beautiful, to be cherished for a lifetime!
Once again the tide soars;
and in a moment everything is devoured.

I sit down broken and weep
For I was just robbed of my dreams and hope..
I lift my head to see you standing beside
holding your surfboard and staring at me wide!


"Whats are you doing here?" you ask
I tell my sorrow and you laugh...
"May be the tide wants to play with you" you say
"I'll take you along... Jump in, this way!"

I smile at you and take your hand
The tides roar; we laugh and scream
There we are, set out to tame the tide
Leaving behind the sand and the dreams!

11 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, April 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

very nice .. :)

 
At 7:08 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Amrita said...

that was really beautiful...have u written it? its really very beautifully worded.

 
At 9:01 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Hey CPda! Thanks :)

Amrita, hmm... I think so ;)
Thanks for the compliments!! :D

 
At 10:34 AM, April 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice poem! i couldnt stop laughing after reading the "surfboard" thing...

cool! so now you can build new dreams on the roaring water...and this time..with a company! :)

all the best!

 
At 4:59 AM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Skely said...

gandhe,
now the dreams will be only with a company :)

Good one DD!!!!

I hope that surfer too reads this :)

 
At 9:02 AM, April 10, 2006, Blogger DD said...

my GOD! Gandhe... finally you found somebody to target at, for a change?
And, what was so funny about the "surfboard"? I dint quite understand that.

Skely... what do you mean you 'hope'? ;)

 
At 11:28 PM, April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very well written poem.
All the very best for your foray into the ocean with your surfer :-)

 
At 8:52 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Thanks Anonymous... happy to get your appreciation of my post :)

 
At 7:32 PM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DD, you have always been my target :)

cant really explain the surfboard thing...lemme try...i meant, in the poem, there was so silence till the castle was built...and then all of a sudden...whoosh!!! the surfboard comes with a thunder..and the poem changes from silent to vibrant...i cud just picturize the person building the castle feeling so frustrated after such a hard work, and then the surfer comes all with laughs and doesnt even bother(though he cares) at the work of the other person...

somehow the laugh on the surfer's face made me laugh...esp. the line "Jump in, this way!" made me think of that character of the surfer...and the point is the castle-builder forgets his/her worries and then finds new happiness with the new person...got it? :)

 
At 10:54 PM, April 16, 2006, Blogger DD said...

my God... Gandhi... thanks for making it feel so good with your explanation! :)

 
At 2:41 PM, February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP us airway confirmation Find affiliate software Oscar bingo 2006 what is ritalin Credit card merchant account cambridge Vancouver island time share Flower cards Gaming washington merchant account phentermine online Seat covers for pickup truck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home