Monday, July 24, 2006

Pamper, unexpected!

It was yet another day when I walked into the office... munching silently in my mind, all those pending work that had been pending for quite some time now. I kept my handbag, opened the laptop case and started setting up the system, in the same boringly usual manner that I have gotten so accustomed to by now. I dint complain but at the back of my mind I did reserve some hate for my seat.

It's been a little over a month since I came to this building... my seat is pretty locked away from the window... how it would be if I have to sit near those long glass panes, looking at the magnificient structures and satin roads and lovely lawns and just feel the life out there... how it would be to sit so close when rain drops kiss those glasses and trickle down the panes, unable to reach me yet! Awww... I envy those with window seats!!

As I push the network cord into it's port slot, tucking my head under my desk, I hear a soft tap above me...
"Hey, good morning!"
"Oh, hai... good morning... whats up?"
"mm... you might have to shift your place!"

I look around puzzled. Afterall, did I commit any crime to have been singled out and treated like that! :-o Then I see quite a number of seats, that were empty earlier been occupied now... There have been a big immigration activity early in the morning, I understood.
"Okie... aa, where do I sit?"
"ah... am.. you want to sit in the same bay or want to shift elsewhere?"
"I don't mind either"
"Okie, then you can shift to that cubicle" said the IT ops guy pointing towards the window.

I collected my things and peeped into the place that was just shown to me. My eyes widened... it is a big cubicle just next to the window! Such is usually given to managers, remember! I wondered what it feels like to be a manager... sit in that biiig cube, absolutely undisturbed by cube-mates... and a really really long table to have all your papers and stuff strewn all over... I just sat closing my eyes and wearing a big wide smile! Life, I love you for such pamper!!

4 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, July 25, 2006, Blogger Bijesh said...

and all for the timepass that u do!

 
At 1:14 AM, July 25, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hehee.. yeah! It just feels bindas to sit in that cube!

And know wat? I have been doing some serious office work after shifting to this seat...
hmm... may be it's time they consider me for another promo!! ;-)

 
At 8:57 AM, July 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and then u wrote this pots? :)

 
At 5:59 AM, July 26, 2006, Blogger DD said...

yep... yep yep! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home