Monday, April 10, 2006

A tear in silence

The flower, so beautifully fragile...
The flower in the bouquet, brightest of the lot...
The flower withering with the wind...
To offer, there is nothing that I have got!
The wind so powerful, so abstract
to even think of offering a fight.




















I stand still, my hands heavily idle...
my legs stubbornly lame...
my eyes sorely blind...
my ears depressingly deaf...
my heart racing to void...
my presence so painfully meaningless...
All that I could offer is an hidden tear and a silent prayer...
for hope and strength to face the hopeless!

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, April 11, 2006, Blogger ck said...

we are like that flower DD. we bloom, flourish, fight and die but not before providing way for the next generation do take over. Those flowers do the same. They have as meaningful a life as we have.

 
At 3:27 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Anu said...

uh..oh..why does the flower feel so meaningless? Of course it has been a bright one thro' its life..May be the flower is learning - the indispensable truth of life - mortality! :)..nice one, dd!

 
At 9:08 AM, April 14, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Very true, CK!

Anu, very well said... but does the flower feel meaningless? Is it mortality or is it helplessness that makes one meaningless?

 
At 9:58 PM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Krish said...

@Anu:Well..well...Have you seen the film "Kandukondein, Kandukondein"??..I love a dialogue that Mamooty speaks in that.."Indha olagathula periya kodumai marukkapadarathu illai...marakkapadarathu"...I guess the same goes here..
Just thought will share this with you!!

@DD: Nicely written DD..had not been blogging/blog hopping for quite a while now..blame it on soooo many reasons..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home