Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Sunset!

             The time has come
             And I have to leave.
             There is nothing
             that could postpone this eve...

             I keep looking back
             withholding tears, so warm
             My eyes showing red
             And yet you are so calm!


Darkness is sinking in ;
stabbing every ray of hope...
I close my eyes
unable to bear your repose!

But that is no peace -
I know now for sure...
When my last glimpse of your face
caught the agony... that pain, so pure!

I shall hold to my hopes
still burning bright...
For, again shall we meet
in the morning light!!

9 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Anu said...

Is it a personification of the sun speaking to the sky?

 
At 9:17 PM, July 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DD, u r supposed to write some happy poems now :D

 
At 10:20 PM, July 31, 2006, Blogger DD said...

Anupama dear, yes... ekchaktly!!

VJ, "I'm supposed to write some happy poems now"?? :-O
I thought it was afterall a happy ending! :-)

 
At 10:55 PM, August 01, 2006, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

Nicely penned!
And fine pics to accompany the soulful lines!

:)

 
At 9:06 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger DD said...

hey Velu, thanks for the compliments!! :)

 
At 7:32 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

High time a new post came up here!
:)

 
At 1:04 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger DD said...

:) Will try to put one soon!

 
At 11:05 PM, December 29, 2008, Blogger Vasudha said...

u know what came in my mind when I read this, seeing u upset in office one evening...i do not know if u wrote it in smae mood, but me relatiing it to that evening

 
At 7:21 AM, December 30, 2008, Blogger DD said...

oh, that is interesting. Anyway I was in Hyd when I wrote it...
Was watching the sunset when coming back from office... so passionately red and this just occurred to me, thats all. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home