Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm back!

How does it feel when a sweet fragrance of freshness fills every cell of yours just when you were wondering why everything looks so rusted around you! It's the same I feel when I say "I'm back!!! With Ghajini's "Oru maalai.." sweetly playing at the background and my lips arching slowly in a smile, I hold my laptop really on my lap while I'm little more comfortably sitting on my bed preparing to post my return on my blog! But what shall I start with? Hmmm... :-)

I catch myself humming this tune so many times of-late... and the music, the picturization, the lyrics, everything is so so beautiful! Okie, "these" are my favorite lines:

*** Updated on Oct 07 - my favorite lines இப்பொழுது தமிழில்***

ஒரு மாலை இளவெயில் நேரம்
அழகான இலையுதிர் காலம்
சற்றுத் தொலைவிலே அவள் முகம் பார்த்தேன்
அங்கே தொலைந்தவன் ஆனேன்

அவள் அள்ளி விட்டப் பொய்கள்
நடு நடுவே கொஞ்சம் மெய்கள்
இதழோரம் சிரிப்போடு கேட்டுக்கொண்டே நின்றேன்!

அவள் நின்று பேசும் ஒரு தருணம்
என் வாழ்வில் சர்க்கரை நிமிடம்
ஈர்க்கும் விசையை அவளிடம் கண்டேனே!

( ஒரு மாலை...)

பார்த்துப் பழகிய நான்கு தினங்களில்
நடை உடை பாவனை மாற்றிவிட்டாள்
சாலை முனைகளில் துரித உணவுகள்
வாங்கி உன்னும் வாடிக்கை காட்டி விட்டாள்

கூச்சம் கொண்ட தென்றலா
இவள் ஆயுள் நீண்ட மின்னலா
உனக்கேற்ற ஆளாக
எனை மாற்றிக் கொண்டேனே!
( ஒரு மாலை...)

பேசும் அழகினை கேட்டு ரசித்திட
பகல் நேரம் மொத்தமாய் கழித்தேனே
தூங்கும் அழகினைப் பார்த்து ரசித்திட
இரவெல்லாம் கண் விழித்துக் கிடந்தேனே

பனியில் சென்றால் உன் முகம்
என் மேலே நீராய் இறங்கும்
தலை சாய்த்துப் பார்த்தாளே
தடுமாறிப் போனேனே!

( ஒரு மாலை...)

7 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger Krish said...

Aval alli vitta poigal
Nadu naduve konjam meigal
Idhazhooram sirippodu kaetukkonde nindreine

This is true, only when u know, those are lies!..else, it pains u like hell!

 
At 6:30 AM, October 05, 2005, Blogger DD said...

Krish, these lines are particularly describing a few cute scenes in the movie in which the hero-heroine introduction happens... I loved those lines for getting the situation so simply and superbly into the song!

 
At 12:45 AM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Anuradha Sridharan said...

Welcome back, DD. Glad to read your post.I totally agree with you. This song has caught on me so much that it keeps playing at the back of my mind through out the day. I liked the lines
"Saalai munaigalil thuridha unavugal
Vaangi unnum vaadikkai kaati vittaal"

Sounds very unique. Haven't watched the song or the movie yet. Hopefully, I might watch over the weekend.

 
At 9:40 AM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Skely said...

Excuse me..
Could you post the song in Tamil...

If not please get me an English to Tamil Dictionary (Not the for the meaning of the words, but for the Translations....)

One more doubt...

The work "Back" is pasttense and why do people use it for the present moment.

 
At 3:34 AM, October 07, 2005, Blogger DD said...

Thanks Anu :)I enjoyed the film thoroughly!

Hey Skely, nice suggestion. Guess it's time I do some real diggin on this front.
'back'? you mean in "I'm back"? Just dont think 2 3 4 much.

 
At 6:09 AM, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously Skely, I agree with you too. DD, I need a translation of the song. I feel so lost!

 
At 7:03 AM, October 07, 2005, Blogger DD said...

Skely, here's what you asked for! :-)
Rupsa, now that I've put the song in proper tamil, Skely will provide the translation ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home